- Special Treatment – If you're collecting a huge number of loyalty points at an online casino, the casino knows you are a valuable player. To reward you for this, the casino may offer you exclusive services such as an account manager, faster withdrawals, or personal support. In short, if you have a ton of loyalty points, the casino will ensure you get the best treatment at every turn.
- Always Check the Terms – Before you collect loyalty points at a casino, check the terms and conditions. Not all loyalty schemes are equal, and some are far more realistic than others. If the casino will only award you with 1 point per 100 USD wagered, and to claim your first bonus you need 1,000 points, you may find other bonuses more rewarding.
- Check Your Progress Often – If you find a great loyalty program and you put time and effort into collecting points, keep a close eye on your progress. Maybe you're just a few points away from a great reward, and so now is the time to deposit and play.
- Shop Around – If you expect to play at the online casino often, you may prefer a great loyalty point scheme over any of the other casino bonuses mentioned on this page. When finding the best casino for you, therefore, you need to look beyond welcome bonuses.
What Are Wagering Requirements?
Wouldn't it be great if you could claim a welcome bonus, deposit at an online casino, and then withdraw all the money? Unfortunately, online casinos aren't in the habit of just giving money away. This would also make life easy for money launderers, so online casinos comply with anti-money laundering regulations by attaching a wagering requirement (also known as a playthrough or rollover requirement) to casino bonuses.
A wagering requirement is the number of times you must wager (or bet) your deposit amount, bonus funds, or both, before you can withdraw. Casinos show wagering requirements as a multiplier, often 30x to 50x, in the terms and conditions of casino bonuses. This makes it easy to calculate how much you must bet in total to beat the wagering requirements and withdraw winnings accrued while playing with an active bonus.
How to Calculate Wagering Requirements
Imagine you sign up at one of our recommended online casinos. Let's also imagine the welcome bonus is 100% up to $100 and you deposit $100 to claim the maximum bonus possible. Assuming the wagering requirement is 30x, here is how much you must bet for each of the three scenarios we outlined above:
- Deposit Amount Only: $100 (deposit) x 30 (wagering requirement) = $3,000
- Bonus Funds Only: $100 (bonus) x 30 (wagering requirement) = $3,000
- Deposit Amount + Bonus Funds: $200 ($100 deposit + $100 bonus) x 30 (wagering requirement) = $6,000
As you can see, it pays to know the wagering requirements before you claim an online casino bonus. In all three examples we've provided, you have deposited $100 and received $100 in bonus funds, giving you a balance of $200. Obviously, the first and second bonus terms are more attractive because the terms for the third example require you to bet double the amount, making it more difficult to clear.
Now that you know how to calculate wagering requirements, it's time to learn how to beat wagering requirements and withdraw winnings.
How to Beat Wagering Requirements
To beat the wagering requirements, you must play online casino games for real money and bet the total amount required. When you meet the threshold required, the casino will convert your bonus funds into money that you can withdraw.